Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My house smells.

No seriously. I feel like every time I walk into this place all I smell is something I don't want to my house to smell like. Don't get the wrong idea, my house doesn't smell because there are piles of trash everywhere and we do laundry maybe once a month. No, no, I assure you that is not that problem (nor is that true). The most probable cause of this said smell is the lack of space we have. I am estimated that our apartment is just about 300-400 square feet. Therefore, when even one little scrap of food goes into the trash can its lovely aroma fills the air. Do we have a garbage disposal you ask? Ah, yes. Yes, we do. Unfortunately sticking things in it turns out to be less convenient then one would hope since we have to eventually stick our hands in it days later and dig out everything that went down. 

These are the joys of living in a small apartment. To be honest, I'm a little ready to get out of here. No complaints about our state of living by any means, it is just sufficiently inconvenient. The way that every time one article of clothing or piece of paper touches the ground the entire house is instantly in need of cleaning. I think these sudden feelings of claustrophobia in my home are just anticipations of spring. I LOVE this sun we've been seeing. 

So get outside! It'll make you more tolerant of your current state. 

2 comments:

iamryancork said...

that's entirely true. it really does smell with the slightest remnant of anything really.

charlesbryan said...

hahahahaha...did you ever visit tori and caleb's first apartment???

SOOOOOO TINY! And smelly all the time. Tori was always making these delicious soups/stews...and i'd come over and eat them sometimes...but then their house would smell like that soup/stew for about a week...and then their clothes would smell like it for weeks...pretty funny. They didn't last long there, but It made for good memories. I hope the same for you....soupy smells and all.