Friday, April 4, 2008

have your cake.

I have a very sweet husband. Some girls talk about how their husbands are lazy or just don't "get it" or various other common stereotypes of husbands. My husband is not that way. Ryan LOVES to be a husband and it seems to be his constant to goal to try and accomplish all the things that "Good husbands" do. In fact, he will often say to me, "Claire, don't you think I'm just the best husband?" Which of course my response is a resounding yes. 

Last night I was working as I do every Thursday night. Ryan and I grabbed some dinner before because, on another note, we are still terrible at buying groceries that make meals. Anyway, the grabbing dinner experience didn't end as well as one would have hoped and we both left with a little bit of hurt feelings. I got a text later asking me what my favorite kind of cake was for a survey. About 4 hours later Ryan and Phil came marching into The Flying M with a giant platter in hand holding a warm, frosted carrot cake. I wish I could have taken a picture of Ryan's face. He was so proud. He had spent the last 4 hours making, from scratch a carrot cake for me. With cream cheese frosting and all. Can you believe that? He graded the carrots and made the frosting all by himself. I was impressed. He's quite the little baker. 

So, nothing of real substance today. I just wanted to show off my husband a little bit. He's very wonderful to me and just amazing at taking care of me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Cheers to Mark and Jacque for raising such a sweet boy. 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

How wonderful :-) Good job Ryan!!

Unknown said...

What a good husband -- pretty cool story. Way to go Ryan!

katie henbest said...

awwwwwwwwwww. i need to show this to Derek. :)

Calleen Antilla said...

well, Claire...I think your comments on "your wonderful husband" are great! I have always thought I have a wonderful husband.....he started out(and still is) like Your Ryan! I have enjoyed reading your Blog. Have a great week!