Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the rain today.


When I walked outside this morning there was sun. It was clear and bright actually. And then. It rained. Misted really. And all at once I was back in Africa. It was such a strange feeling because as I was walking, the ground looked so much like something in Africa. Which, sounds silly, but it's true. 

I miss Africa. I never thought another country could capture my heart like Kenya did. Don't you hate the feeling of forgetting (or at least remembering less) an experience that was so dear. I was thankful for this glimpse back today because I hadn't really thought about my trip in quite some time. Kenya taught me a lot. It shaped me and I miss it. I'll go back there someday. I will. So thank you Idaho for being my Africa today. 

On another note, today would have been my friend Ryan House's 22nd birthday. Every year I wonder what to feel or think on this day. Mainly, it's just a chance to say that I'm thankful for his life and that I miss him. Happy birthday Ryan. 

1 comment:

Becca said...

hey.

this summer, we will let the hose fill up with water then sit in the sun all day.

once it's nice and toasty, you can stand in front of me and i'll put my fingers over the opening so it sprays in a "mist-like" manner.

warm mist,
africa.

i got your back doooooood.