Monday, September 15, 2008

habits of husbands.


Oh Ryan. Sometimes he just does the funniest things. This last weekend I had to work so he was left to his own devices while I was gone. When I got home he had so very thoughtfully cleaned the whole house AND put the rest of the things that weren't on the walls up on the walls. Isn't that amazing!? You have no idea how much of a difference this has made in our home. It's so much cleaner and more peaceful... everything off the floor...just lovely.

But this isn't about that. This is about the way that Ryan cleans. He is truly an incredible housekeeper. He's super thorough and so much of a perfectionist that everything ends up just as it should be when he's done. BUT he has this tragic flaw. He hides and stows. As shown in this picture above. This is Ryan's sock drawer. Inside this sock drawer is everything that used to be on top of our dresser, but didn't belong including: painting tape, napkins my mom bought me, a returned wedding thank you, a card from aimee, and a deck of cards. So as I am putting the laundry away I open his drawer and just start laughing because of the contents of the drawer. Classic Ryan. When you look at a glance everything is perfect, when you search within everything is just tucked away... but neatly. 

I just thought everyone might appreciate this. Husbands are funny sometimes. Funny but nice. 

6 comments:

Alicia said...

oh the quirks of husbands...most of the time eric's just make me laugh so hard...

The life of Kaitlin said...

funny

iamryancork said...

HEY!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW MY ACTIONS WERE BEING BROADCAST. NO FAIR.

Peter Roy said...

which is exactly why i'm never going to have a husband

Calleen Antilla said...

claire your post makes me smile, my husband (of 23 years) does the same thing....but one time he decided to clean the garage, so he did,but we had a lot of plastic totes, he stacked them to the ceiling and out of the way, big problem...I couldn't reach what was in them. It was funny! Since then, I clean the garage with him! We laugh about that now!

katie henbest said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. this is wonderful. yes, yes they are funny. you are funny.