Sunday, January 24, 2010

for haiti.

Haiti has obviously been in the hearts and minds of most these last couple of weeks. The needs are great and our ability to help is fairly limited. Such a devastating time. So, with that in our hearts, we were able to do something really cool on Sunday that I've never done before. We worshipped on Haiti's behalf.

We sang for the people that were too weak to speak.

We praised the Lord for the people who survived.

We shouted for the people whose despair is so deep.

And I gotta tell ya. It was powerful. At first, it seemed a little foreign. Maybe cheesy or something. But as the service went on it felt really right. You know? Like the Lord heard us. As I thought about each of the people affected by the earthquake I thought about how their state of mind probably wasn't in a place to be singing songs in worship to God, but ours is. And how amazing is it that as fellow creations of Him we can lift each other up, be strong when others are weak? The beauty of life on this earth is that we're not alone. So we just sang. All night long. We sang for Haiti.

He loves them
Oh how he loves them
Oh how he loves them
Oh how he loves


Maybe I could encourage you to do the same. See what it stirs in your heart as the words you sing in worship are for the suffering.


7 comments:

Kyle said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and this post really touched me. I used to live in Haiti, and I have never though to worship on behalf of anyone else. Now I will.

Ronnie said...

What a powerful thought. I think I'll pass that idea along if it's okay.

m

Chet and Gini said...

I too was moved by your thoughts. Thank you for reminding us that there IS something we can do

Dee1nOnly said...

I like the idea of worshiping for others instead of yourself. It is so heartwarming to know that there are people that care out there. I felt so bad for the citizens of Haiti when this tragedy struck. I pray for them everyday as well. Thanks for such a wonderful post.

BecsLifeOnline said...

I've just started following your blog. I arrived at it via the navbar at the top of the page and once I started reading I couldn't stop ha ha. Sign of a good blog. God bless you x

ShayShell said...

Wow This is awesome. I am so glad that I came across your blog today! How amazing it is that we are able to do you you are saying "Lift each other up, and praise the Lord!" It is inspiring and encouraging to come across a faithful servant of God! I hope this reaches many many more and we may all start worshiping for each other!

Unknown said...

hi, i am from india, there is a line in sanskrit saying, "sarve jana sukhino bhavanthu", that means praying for all the people in the world to be happy, to be safe and to be grateful for the life they had given to live...am very thankful for you to doing the same about the people in trouble...i wish people to be kind enough as much as you... Work From Home India